Sunday, July 24, 2011

Budgies: WIP.. & a quick update!

Although I haven't updated as much as I would have liked to the past few days, I have been very busy and have continued to work on Spencer's budgie designs and a few other drawings I have been wanting to do. Above is a sketch of a budgie in flight.. it was a little bit more complicated to get the proportions and foreshortening right than when I was drawing sitting budgies. I want to redo the left wing and add a bit more detail to both of the wings but for now, I am very happy with how it came out. I showed it to Spencer yesterday and he liked it as well, even better than my previous sitting budgies. I am going to draw a few more and use tracing paper to place banners in their mouths and different areas to place Nana in script.

Aside from drawing, I have had 3 interviews over a 2 day period! Can you believe that? Like my mom said, "When it rains, it pours!" And I guess that is the case when it comes to me getting interviews. The interviews went a little something like this:
1. The first was for the job at The Hamilton Spectator which in the end wasn't the right job for me.. besides not being able to do it, the man who interviewed me made me completely uncomfortable (Asking me if I was a "party girl" doesn't seem like your standard interview question..) and when he called me to either give me the job, he was very rude and arrogant. Not someone I would ever consider working for, no matter how good it may look on my resume.
2. The second interview was to work at Urban Trade.. a trendy retail store throughout Ontario. Going into the interview, I believed it was only for a sales associate position but it turns out they are looking for someone to fill a manager on duty position. As soon as he told me this, I knew I had to go for it and I believe I nailed the first interview as I was immediately set up for a second interview for tomorrow! Fingers crossed it goes just as well.
3. My last interview went just as well but I am not as excited for the job as my last. It is to work in a specialty bakery in downtown Hamilton. Although I think it would be very cute and interesting to work there I don't see myself loving the position as much as I would at Urban Trade.

I also have another lead on an interior design related job.. but I will keep that a secret until I know more and if anything comes of it. I see employment in my near future and after having not worked for a full year, it feels very good! I can't wait for that first paycheck.


No comments:

Post a Comment