Monday, August 22, 2011

Something I Love: Penguin Ink


I recently came across this series of 6 British novels on Penguin Books and immediately fell in love with them. Penguin approached some of the world's most recognized tattoo artists and asked them to redesign the classic covers in their own tradition style. The designs still relate to the story of each book but are adorned with traditional roses, teeth-bearing tigers and handwritten script. This is Penguin's second time collaborating on a tattoo-designed series. They say the tattoo industry will forever be frowned upon and the choice of having a tattoo could be life-changing, but if more companies like Penguin begin to embrace this style of art and showcase them in a positive way, tattoos could one day be admired be everyone and not looked at as a bad choice made by young adults. I, myself, hope that tattoos can one day be looked at as what they really are, works of art!

I plan to purchase "Notes on a Scandal" by Zoe Heller with cover designed by Valerie Vargas (one of my favourite female tattoo artists) soon! To have a look at the rest of the novels, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see this-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog on bloglovin and I have to say keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete