Tuesday, August 02, 2011

August Already..

I can't believe it is already August! Time has seriously flown by since I finished school 3 months ago. I am on my way out the door, to pick up my little kitten from the vet (today was neuter day, I hope he still loves me after this!) but I wanted to do a quick update first!

I haven't been as productive as I would have liked to be, and obviously did not make good on the promise I made two days ago... oops! Note to self: no more promises. But I do have a good excuse however! I started my new job yesterday and I have to say, I am feeling pretty good about it. I will talk more about it once I get the hang of a few things. My shift was information overload! And I am still trying to sort through all of the thoughts swirling around in my head. My next shift is tomorrow and I am diving right in.

I finally have a little art update for you too. Below is the start of a three piece rose set I will be completing this week hopefully (Only 2 canvases are shown). Although they are still in their very early stages and not near perfect I can already see the vision in my head coming to life on the canvas. The next steps are completing the backgrounds with leaves, buds, shadows etc. and then to begin the red-orange and yellow roses in a traditional style. Can't wait for it to be complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment